1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Add all the wet ingredients to a food processor including the flax egg if you choose to use one.
3. Add all the dry ingredients to the food processor, mixing them in with the wet ingredients and scraping down the sides when needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Adjust ingredients by adding more oats/plant milk to achieve your preferred consistency. This should be thicker than frosting but nowhere near as runny as cake batter. Ideally it should be relatively thick but still smooth.
5. Grease a baking tray with coconut oil, or preferably line a baking tray with some grease proof paper and evenly distribute the batter into the baking tray and place into the oven. Bake the brownies for 25-20 minutes.
6. Bake until the top edges of the batch are dry. When you place a fork through the centre your fork should come out relatively clean. The texture inside should still be fudgy so don’t worry if the brownies feel a little tender. Allow your brownies to cool for 20-30 mins before adding your toppings of peanut butter, coconut shreds and chopped nuts. Enjoy!