- Let’s start with the tomato soup! Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the chopped red onion and carrot. Sprinkle with a little salt and cook until the onion
is softening (4-5 minutes)/ Add the grated garlic. Stir and cook until fragrant, then deglaze the skillet with the red wine.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and pop a lid onto the skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, then blend until smooth.
- For the roll ups, prepare the garlic butter first. In a small saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat, then stir in the grated garlic. Heat for 2 minutes, stirring regularly, then
add in the fresh parsley. Stir for a minute, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cut off the bread crusts and keep them aside for another recipe (how about some crunchy croutons?). Roll each slice firmly with a rolling pin until flat, then spread 1 tsp of the flavour
paste across each slice. Sprinkle with oregano, then place 1 tbsp of vegan mozzarella along the edge of each slice. Carefully but firmly roll up the bread.
- Brush with the garlic butter and then place into a hot skillet. Turn regularly until evenly golden all around.
- Serve the roll ups alongside the hot soup and get dipping!
Chef’s tip: the technique for these roll ups is so easy & great for a number of different fillings! Next time you have a few slices of bread leftover, why not turn it into some pizza roll ups with tomato sauce, cheese & Italian herbs – or try a sweet filling with banana & our Mr Organic chocolate spread!