1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan. Add the onion, minced garlic and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes, till the onions soften.
2. Add the carrots and cook it for a further 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle over the spices and the coriander stalks. Give it a good stir and cook it for 3 minutes.
4. Rinse well the dry lentils and add the to the pan together with the vegetable stock and the coconut milk. Bring it to a gentle boil and then turn it lower for a medium simmering for 20 minutes.
5. Cook the green pea rice: add one cup of green pea rice to 1 litre of boiling water. Sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and cook it for 9 minutes.
6. Blend the lentil soup until it is smooth. Add back to the hob and stir in the green pea rice, kale and the fresh coriander. Cook it for a further 3-5 minutes
7. Now make your garlic bread: in a chopping board combine the parsley, garlic and olive oil and chop them together as finely as possible. Toast both sides of the bread on a flat pan. Than evenly split the herb-garlic mix on one side. Put back the herb side to the toast on the pan and toast it for a few seconds.
8. Garnish the soup with fresh coriander and serve it with the garlic bread. Yum!