- Preheat your oven to 150C
- Generously grease a 6 x 8 inch oven dish with the coconut oil and set the rest of the oil
aside for later use.
- Slice the plums in half and remove the stones, then place them face down into your oven dish. Cover with pudding rice and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium-size saucepan and stir through the lemon zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat, then pour the hot mix
over the oven dish.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 90-100 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve hot or cold, on its own or with a dollop of coconut yogurt or dairy-free vanilla ice cream. Simply delicious!
Instead of adding your plums to the baked rice pudding, you can also serve the plums stewed on top! In this case, add 100 ml water to the oven dish before baking, and stew your plums on the stove in a little water and 1 tbsp brown sugar for some wonderful caramelisation. Simply divine!