1. Start by making the BÃ©chamel Sauce, for this, gently warm the oat milk in a small saucepan and add in the white onion, bay leaf, ground nutmeg and then season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
2. Give the infused milk a good stir through, bring to a gentle boil then leave it on a low heat to keep warm.
3. Now move on to the rag: heat the Mr Organic Rapeseed Oil into a large shallow pan, then add the red onion.
4. Add in the crushed garlic, then just sweat the onion and the garlic off for around 4 minutes until soft.
5. Add in the minced aubergine and courgette, then add in the dried Italian herbs, season with sea salt, turn it all through well and then cook that down for around 10 minutes until the aubergine and courgette have cooked through.
6. Next, add the minced mushrooms into the pan, stir them through the vegetables, frying them off for around 10 minutes until
7. Add in the vegan Worcester sauce to deglaze the bottom of the pan, then add in the red lentils. Stir the lentils through the cooked mushrooms and vegetables until they begin to turn slightly translucent.
8. Next, take a jar of the Mr Organic Dairy Free Organic Lasagne Sauce and add the contents to the pan, fill the empty jar with water, give it a shake then pour that into the pan as well. Season it to taste with sea salt and cracked black pepper, mix everything through well to combine before placing on a lid and leaving it to simmer gently on a low-medium.
9. For the next step of the BÃ©chamel Sauce, move the infused milk off the heat and take a new saucepan, to that add the plant based butter. Melt that down on a low-medium heat by stirring it continuously until completely smooth. Add in the plain flour, then immediately start stirring it together with a spatula to combine the butter and flour together until it forms a slight paste.
10. Place a sieve over the pan, then take the infused milk, and carefully and gradually pour through. Continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken up and turns creamy in consistency. Next, add in the grated vegan cheese as well as the nutritional yeast, stir together to combine with a spatula, then using a whisk, whisk it vigorously until the cheese has melted and the sauce is lovely and smooth.
11. At this point, the lasagne rag should be nicely cooked through, the lentils should be tender and there shouldn’t be too much liquid. Take a square baking dish, then first layer in the creamy lentil and vegetable rag, making sure you use the spoon to even it out and ensure its pressed in well to all of the corners. For the next step, spoon in some of the cheesy BÃ©chamel Sauce, then using a spatula, smooth this out so its completely even over the rag. Next, layer in some lasagne sheets and then repeat the process in those layers until you have used up the rag and the BÃ©chamel, the final layer on top should be the BÃ©chamel sauce.
12. Place the lasagne in the oven to bake for around 45 minutes until golden on top. Once cooked, remove it from the oven and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil leaves on the top, parsley or crispy sage.