1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan.
2. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, your onion, and garlic to a large pan over high to medium heat until the onions have softened and slightly browned. This should only take about 5 minutes (add a splash of water to the pan if needed and turn the heat down slightly).
3. Stir in your vegan mince along with your jar of lasagne or bolognese sauce and 2/3 of a can of chopped tomatoes. Put the rest of the tomatoes aside for later. Add your oregano, bay leaves, and some salt & pepper before mixing everything together. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegan mince is all cooked through and the chopped tomatoes bind with the mixture.
4. Once your red sauce is almost done, add in your red wine (optional) and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes on medium to low heat.
5. Whilst your red sauce is cooking, start making the white sauce. Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add your flour and stir for about 45 seconds, then whisk in the milk. Feel free to add some black pepper and nutritional yeast. Bring to a simmer and continue whisking for around 4-5 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thick.
6. Add the rest of the chopped tomatoes into a 25cm x 35cm baking dish and place 3 lasagne sheets on top as the base. Layer the lasagne with lasagne sheets, red sauce, white sauce and repeat. The lasagne should have 3-4 layers once it is completed. Sprinkle the top of the lasagne with vegan cheese.
7. Bake for around 40-45 minutes in the lower part of the oven. Cover the lasagne in foil for the first 20 minutes, to avoid burning the cheese, and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes without the foil. Let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.